According to Wines Vines Analytics, $71 billion worth of wine was purchased in the U.S. in the last year. Clearly, people love to drink wine, including at parties and spring soirées.
Those who are planning a party may have many questions when it comes to the wine selection, including what to buy and how much of it to have on hand. The good news is that there are some tips that can help those throwing a party lose the stress and make decisions that will leave everyone feeling happy.
“What you serve to drink is going to be a key element of ensuring your guests have a great time,” explains Blake Helppie, managing partner at Rosé Piscine, a wine specifically made to drink over ice. “Having the right wine at your event will give people something to talk about, help them get comfortable chatting, and will leave a good impression on them overall.”
Those who think choosing the best wine for their party is a daunting task realize that there are over 10,000 varieties of wine grapes, creating many different options when it comes to the final product. Yet getting it right is crucial to having a successful spring soirée and pleasing your guests. Here are some tips for choosing the wine for your perfect spring party or soirée:
- Try it before you buy it. Whatever wine you choose for your party, be sure you have tried it out before buying it in bulk. The last thing you want to do is open a bottle at the party only to find out it’s not a great-tasting wine.
- Introduce your guests to something new. Many of your guests will likely have wine knowledge, and they have their favorites, but you can impress and interest them by giving them something different to try.
- Think about where your event will be held. If you are having an outdoor, beach or poolside party, you will want to ensure you have plenty of drinks served over ice. Rosé Piscine, for example, is considered a perfect summertime or outdoor party wine. Plus, it’s been designed to always be served on the rocks, giving people a cool and refreshing drink.
- Make sure you have enough wine on hand. The last thing you want to do is run out, leaving people feel shortchanged. Ideally, you want to calculate the amount you need at three glasses per person. One bottle of wine has roughly five servings at five ounces each. Therefore, if you will have 20 people at your party, you will want to have at least 12 bottles of wine on hand. It’s a good idea to have an extra bottle or two, just in case people drink more than that.
- Consider the food you will be serving at your party and try to pair it with a wine that will complement it. For example, if you are serving fish or spring salads, you will want to opt for a white or rosé wine.
“Your party is your time to make an impression on your guests, and you can do that through the wine you serve,” added Helppie. “You can’t go wrong by having Rosé Piscine at your party. Not only will guests be impressed that it’s served on the rocks, but they will love the bottle design, savor the flavor, and have something to talk about. Make spring more memorable with a fun and memorable soirée, serving up great wine.”
Rosé Piscine is a French rosé that was made to always be served on the rocks. The wine sold over two million bottles in Brazil and France last year, and it is now available in the U.S. Rosé Piscine is made by Vinovalie in Southwest France. The tasting notes include being pale salmon in color, with a light to medium body. On the bouquet, it offers notes of Meyer lemon, skin of peach, vanilla, kiwi and McIntosh apple. Rosé Piscine is made with an indigenous varietal of southwest France: Négrette, which is a small, very dark and tough-skinned grape known for its powerful aromatic qualities. The fruit is sourced in Côtes du Frontonnais, which is located just southwest of Gaillac and just north of the city of Toulouse, on the western bank of the Tarn river. Wine Enthusiast awarded the Rosé Piscine region the Wine Region of the Year 2017 award.
Rosé Piscine was created by Jacques Tranier, the president of Vinovalie, a group of producers in the French Southwest. In 2003, he was on a vacation in Saint Tropez when he saw women drinking rosé on the rocks. He ordered one to give it a try, only to be disappointed in the taste of the wine being diluted by the melting ice. This set him on a mission to create a rosé wine that could hold its integrity while being served over ice.
To find a store near you or to order online, visit the site at: rosepiscine.com.
About Rosé Piscine
A unique rosé wine in that it was created to be served over ice, Rosé Piscine is taking the nation by storm. Over two million bottles of it were sold in France and Brazil last year, and it is now available in the U.S. Rosé Piscine is pale salmon in color, light to medium body, and made from Négrette, a small grape known for its powerful aromatic qualities. For more information on Rosé Piscine or the company, visit the site at: rosepiscine.com or visit @rosepiscine on Instagram.
Wines Vines Analytics. US Wines Sales. winesvinesanalytics.com/