The Best of the Best Survey
Include YOUR Company, Government/Law Enforcement Agency, Supplier Diversity Program, College, University or MBA School in our Annual Review Series.
The results will be published
in print and online in the
mid-March and mid-September issues.
Join Our E-Newsletter
See your thoughts reflected through your our newsletter! Sign up today!
5 reasons why the same job is being posted over and over
Situation: You are conducting an internet job search. You see an opportunity of interest that is a good fit for you. You apply and get no response. You grow frustrated as you notice employment websites post and repost the job, over and over for months.
Why is this happening? There are several reasons as to why a job is being reposted.
Here are a few:
1. Company has not found the candidate they are looking for.
2. Company thought they found who they were looking for, it did not work out and they are now reopening the search.
3. Job will be filled internally but company has to source external candidates.
4. Company will not be reviewing resumes until a certain deadline has passed and is trying to gather as many resumes as possible.
5. There is no job currently. Company is looking to have potential candidates available if a job opens up.
Hopefully this provides a peak behind the curtain as to why things are being done the way they are.
-Lavie Margolin Contact me for coaching, resume writing, interview prep., salary negotiation, LinkedIn tutoring, outplacement or to speak at your next event! (914) 525-0965 Laviemarg@lioncubjobsearch.com